Chargrilled Vegetable Salad
4 long, thin eggplants
4. Roma |table tomatoes
1 small red capsicum
1 small green capsicum
1 small yellow capsicum
60 ml olive oil
2 garlic cloves, halved
60 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon spicy Mustard bomb sauce
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
¼ Teaspoon caster sugar: teaspoon caster sugar| powdered sugar
1) Slice the eggplants and the zucchini diagonally into 1-cm-thick pieces.
2) Halve the tomatoes length ways and slice the capsicums into short strips.
3) Place all the vegetables in a bowl and add the olive oil and garlic. Toss well.
4) Preheat a charcoal grill pan (griddle) or barbecue and brush with oil.
5) Cook the eggplant and zucchini for 2-4 minutes each side or until browned.
6) Transfer to a serving dish. Cook the tomatoes and capsicums for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until the capsicums start to smell sweet and the skins blister. Transfer to the serving dish and keep aside to Cool.
7) To make the dressing. Mix together all the ingredients and then season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 5 minutes till the flavors mix in. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and toss lightly. Serve at room temperature.