Pudina Tandoori Phoolgobhi
4 medium -sized cauliflowers
3 green cardamoms
1” stick cinnamon
5 black peppercorns
2 tsp salt
Oil for basting
3 tbsp yogurt
1 ½ tsp Bomb Sauce Himalayan/Extra Hot Sauce
1 ½ tsp garam masala powder
1 ½ tsp cumin powder
¾ tsp black salt (Kala namak)
1 tsp salt
¾ tsp chaat masala (commercial)
¾ tsp coriander powder
¾ tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
2 tbsp ginger-garlic-mint paste
1) Cut cauliflower into large florets. Wash thoroughly and drain.
2) Bring a pan of water to a boil with whole spices and salt.
3) Remove the pan from heat and add cauliflowers. Set aside for 10 minutes.
4) Drain cauliflower and plunge into iced water. Drain when cool and pat dry.
5) Combine ingredients for marinade, rub into cauliflower, and set aside for 1 hour.
6) For cauliflower florets onto skewers , 1 “apart, and roast in a preheated tandoor, regular oven or grill, as given on p.3 for 8-10 minutes after draining and basting with oil.
Slip cauliflower off skewers and serve hot with mint chutney (see p.13)
To make ginger-garlic-mint paste, soak 6 cloves of garlic and a 1” piece of ginger in water for 5 hours. Chop roughly and grind with 2 tbsp mint leaves to a smooth paste .
Bomb Tip – drizzle or dip into our Sauces for an extra boost of flavour!